Saturday, July 11, 2009

Natural Woman vs. The Superficial Woman



Its a new day, and in this new day i got into my first twitter discussion. The dialogue started when a friend of mine says "I wonder why men fantasize over superficial women and claim to only like natural ones". Well I, along with my co-defendant, tried to clear the confusion in 140 characters or less; I thought it was working until this publicity lady chimes in with "It's no biggie, im not bashing but just like a woman, men don't know what they want either." and i end the quote. At that moment the micro-blogging grew into real blogging, and so I'm here to flat-line this topic.

I attempted to appease the contenders by asserting that, as a man you can be visually attracted to "superficial" traits/features (because that is primarily how men are stimulated) as the world preys on that fact daily; so you enjoy the visual but you don't have a legitimate desire to "be with" the superficial person. In order to understand that concept first you must understand that we all have a lustful and sinful nature (I won't get too biblical). These superficial traits are going to tantalize, but as a man who knows what he wants, he understands that those traits don't hold any water, they are simply "visual stimulations". Let me note that those are not the only things/traits that visually stimulate men but it is indeed a portion.

My co-defendant chimed in with the brilliant metaphor of rims on cars. Yes a lot of rims do look good on cars but they are quite unnecessary, and although it can look nice, you dang sure don't want them on your car. Matter of fact take the whole car for an example, think of all the car shows that display these highly complex remixes with all kinds of tv screens or trivial accessories like a swimming pool in the flatbed. I might even be enticed to ride in it one time and get an experience but i know cotton picking well i don't want to own the keys and lug that hunk of exaggeration around. So you see, yeah its looks exotic and such but...I reiterate, "unnecessary".

So the assertion that men do not know what they want is an ill-informed one. I think it verifies that you know exactly what you want, as you navigate past temptation and fruitless eye candy. If you didn't know indeed what you were seeking you would be quite sidetracked by these things. You know what qualities are important in the woman you desire, you maintain the stance that a naturally shaped or featured woman can fulfill your needs more than satisfactorily and you also understand there are other things that play a role in the woman you want, i.e. mental cohesion or similar ideologies. So I look at this thing from the other end zone (sports reference, its a guy thing), i contend that it shows a man is quite certain of what he needs in his life.

4 comments:

jayesix said...

Indeed Wallo. Men can get caught up on the treadmill of superficiality for as long as dwell in and focus on the physical we will always notice and assign disproportional value to it. That is the limitation of our finite physical selves. Fulfillment at this level is pursued (often to our detriment) yet never attained. It is limited to a response to what we see. But our infinite minds can grasp the space between the lines to elevate our awareness and manifest more than what we see (often to the world’s betterment). It is that creative power and co-creative power we have inherited. Men can recognize this superficial nature without necessarily being beholden to it. They need only maintain an awareness of their whole selves.

Wallo said...

My man! I'm going to have to have you co-write some of this stuff.

Cindy said...

Good post. I think most people know what they want, but how its manifested is another conversation. Some people choose to act on baseless and superficial things/appearances. I also think it goes both ways. Both men and woman pass up quality individuals due to physical appearances despite other discrete characteristics that would deem the individual very worthy. I will be the first to admit, as a 5'8" girl, I prefer taller guys and will seek taller guys, first. I'm sure many guys also prefer women with curves or some sort of shape. Humans are superficial. Its just depends on where you fall on its continuum.

AutumnJones said...

I agree with Cindy peoole know what they want! I just think that they get so caught up in all the worldly things that they get confused.EVERYONE knows what because EVERYONE knows exactly what they don't want!