Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mapping America: Every City, Every Block



I was doing my NY Times perusing and I discovered a fascinating feature, for knowledge's sake. This is census information compiled from 2005-2009. You have the ability to put in your zip code and see the population distribution along with smaller radius'. If you just had the thought, "Eh that's cool but I'll keep going", do both of us a favor and just take a peek at it and you'll be intrigued by something. For instance I looked at the disparity between the opposite sides of hollowed 8Mile Road:
Screen shot 2010-12-15 at 11.11.31 AM

NY TIMES: MAPPING AMERICA

8Mile is the horizontal line that separates the coagulated blue dots from the liberated green dots, with a few other colors finding space amidst the open suburban range. I'm sure every region has its own idiosynchrisies, check your own out.

No comments: