Monday, April 14, 2008

America, Spare me please


First and foremost I would like to apologize to the public for my hiatus, but IM BACK! It hurt me just as much as it hurt you, trust me. With no further adieu, lets jump back in the pool, CANNONBALL!!!!


I have to jump on the olympic protest, i.e. the smotherers of the flame. I realize the fact that some nations are more active politically than us Americans and I certainly saw their rationale in creating a ruckus around the olympic torch. However, when the flame hit San Francisco people were trying to act a fool and pretend they are incensed and perturbed about the lack of humanity demonstrated in China. The paucity of social demonstraters in America leads me to believe that this was a bandwagon move. No matter how many times you extinguish the olympic torch, in essence you will accomplish nothing. The flame WILL eventually make it to Beijing, I can assure you. I empathize with the idea that some attention needs to be paid to the issue that exists but... where was the anger before the olympics. Perhaps it was there it just wasn't reported over here in America? Perhaps because we all know how American media likes to show meaningless news stories.


Now the ancillary issue is the notion of protesting the olympics altogether. What!? If you refuse to have your athletes compete in sporting events in Beijing how is that going to reform their practices? Many of these athletes have been training for years for their opportunity to participate in the olympics; to spring this on them at the doorstep of the event is pretty ridiculous. It's not as if you can miss the olympics and then go next month. It won't be back for another four years for crying out loud. And that effectively eliminates a whole lot of people and their dreams. From an American perspective, how about you stop taking so many imports from China. Maybe not have so many of your factories over there. I think China would feel that a little more than the absence of your athletes. I mean these are only ideas if youre serious about the issue and not just playing the public protest game. Don't have one foot in and one foot out. American could help itself and increase the value of the dollar among other things if they were really sympathetic to what is going on in China.


Blowing hot air won't get you anywhere, cause you can't float over to China in a hot air balloon.

No comments: