Monday, May 18, 2009

For a Klondike Bar...


I know its kinda small but he ask the contestants "I'd be willing to post a youtube video of myself doing something completely humiliating but i'd need to get paid..." The winner's answer is "attention by at least three strangers."
This is a small comic that personifies the mindset that a lot of us have. Obviously this is a caricature. Everyone wants to be famous, nothing wrong there, but the extent that people go to in an attempt to attain such status is egregious. I've seen quite a few videos in my time on youtube that are quite preposterous.

But my quarrel is: what has been entrenched in the minds of everyone that makes us all strive to be famous? I would imagine the mindset would be that of Drake, "I just want to be successful". Being famous does not necessarily equate to money or the desired quality of life, it just means that more people watch your every move, good or bad. It means that the praise is high but the persecution is higher. I would like to reiterate that being famous is not a bad thing, but our motivation to be simply famous derails us from our real passions. I think it should also be noted that any amount of fame takes work to sustain, often times people don't or are not willing to put in the work required to reach the stratosphere. And heck who knows, perhaps what you love to do will garner you the rewards if you do it diligently and passionately.

Im looking to galvanize everyone in hopes that they would be the best at whatever they strive to be. Don't follow the fame, follow the passion.

No comments: