Friday, September 12, 2008

Hollywood's Offspring


I was just thumbing through the internet, as if it were a book, however i caught a headline that showcased Jessica Alba and her new offspring. Usually i don't dabble in the chaotic celebrity realm but this made me pensive and i thought of all the other celebs like Halle Berry (most recently) who show off their offspring. I am aware that magazines capitalize on the public's insatiable and voracious celebrity desire but what does an offspring (you like how i keep using that word) have to do with anything. Most haven't even developed distinct features yet.

To my understanding it has reached the threshold where now celebs are willing to submit photos to keep the malicious camera totters away. But how did we get here, was it always like this? People have been creating offspring for years and it just doesn't seem like the fiasco was apparent years ago, perhaps with technology expands availability. My conjecture is that 'loids have intentionally and covertly created a new desire among society. In the world of Hollywood redundancy the 'loids have created a new demand (if my memory serves me correctly about the past)! They make up "games" that people can play along with. For instance when they started naming couples e.g. Brangelina, everyone can try to make the best name. Now the game i suppose is who has the best looking offspring (lol). But with each game they create it allows everyone to play along. TMZ and OK magazine are XBOX for celebrity culture. Think about that and get back with me.

Oh, and thank you for bearing with my selfish desire to use the word, offspring. P.S. I bet you don't know whose baby i used for this picture. Shame on you if you do, then this post was just for you!

No comments: