Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Telephone Game


I just realized that i am losing my phone manners, you know what happens to information that you don't use. Now i am not losing the wits to say hello or goodbye. However sometimes i slip and don't ask for people the proper way and i feel kind of bad about it. This only happens when i have to call someone’s house.

I haven't had to call a house phone in a while due to the flourishing of cell phones. But i call someone’s house the other day and just said, "where is ....", no hello or anything. I had to take a step back as I was shocked by my own behavior. Clearly i was just going through the motions and forgot that i was calling a house where multiple people live and not an individual cell phone.

I just thought that it is relatively funny to see how things change. This is also a microcosm of how culture changes. In a minute there will be a generation that never calls house phones and if they do then they are not likely to use proper phone etiquette. I don't want to rant about this but as always i just wanted to share that. Mind your manners folks (that applies to me too).

1 comment:

AutumnJones said...

lol, Its crazy because i always do that when i call my mom house. im like "Yea so yesterday..." My mom is always like.."Did i sleep with you last night? Hello"Cell phones are getting out of control. They have all this other stuff on it. I just want to answer the phone and text. Thats all. The internet sometimes,maybe.