Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Reparations on the Way


Go ahead, you can laugh...I came across this flyer at the GAS STATION, and thought to myself what is the world coming too. If the much heralded and empathetic U.S.A. (cough, cough) was really giving out reparations then i guarantee you would not be buzzing in through a 313 number. So whomever created this flyer needs to be a little wittier with their master plan.

The part that startled me the most was the usage of "Afro" on this solicitation. Do people still use that word? In the heart of Detroit, a city which is probably 95 percent (speculation) I can assure you that none of us say "Afro", therefore I am led to believe this was done by an outsider. You are probably grasping the realization that i thought this was absurd on so many levels. Additionally, if the Obama administration or even the former was really giving out reparations would it really be exclusively on a concrete post at the gas station, no commercials, radio or tv huh? Things like this really tar my feathers, because there is clearly intent to run a scam on people who are essentially your neighbors.

People who exert effort into futile and deceitful efforts will obviously never learn that they could do so much more if they put that effort into something positive or an endeavor with some sustainability that would keep them from obtaining an inmate number. I could only shake my head, when will we get it together.

No comments: