Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Maybe Im Crazy, but I doubt it!


Usually I do not touch this with a ten foot pole, but this one has been eating away at me for some time. I am not a celebrity watcher or lover or carerer abouter (don't get on my grammer 'cause I made that up) but what is up with the paparazzi.


I stumbled across a show called Pop Fiction, it comes on the E network, correct me if im wrong. All I know is that when I hit the channel there were about eight to ten guys snapping photos of Eva Longoria and Mario Lopez as they ate lunch outside. The photographers were about two feet away at the most! How inhumane is this? The only thing about this is that Eva and Mario were doing this on purpose to poke fun at the rumors of them stepping out together. So pretty much they were playing all those people who read the rumor magazines to the left, and i must say all those readers caught up in the celebrity world, "you deserve it".


Celebrities are treated as if they are not human. There is something seriously wrong with this society. I have asked people to inquire how the paparazzi is able to get away with intruding on everyone's daily strolls to the park and this is the answer that was conveyed to me, it has something to do with the first amendment and the freedom of press. Paparazzi is the only occupation I know that allows you to pester someone legally. Its amazing, of all the restraining orders there are in the world, none on the paparazzi I suppose.


Now what I really think is that it is a money issue (just like everything else). Do these gossip magazines generate that much money because if they do, I am in the wrong line of work. I am pretty certain some celebs have approached this issue, to no avail obviously. But where are the good lawyers when you need one, because if you can win this case you will be legendary, trust me. But the only reason I could imagine that their efforts would be thwarted is because the tabloids are big business (not quite as big as Haliburton, but you get the idea).


1 comment:

AutumnJones said...

Lol, Hay i love that show.. but you are so right