Monday, March 3, 2008

A Refreshing Outing


Yesterday i dropped through a Burn Rubber event and it was very nice. The venue was not really large, nice size but the best detail was the people.


So as everyone knows I am a sneaker head. Matter of fact the event was for sneaker heads, the dress code was all sneakers, no hard bottoms! I came in and everyone was smiling and laughing, few drinks in hand, lots of colors and individual styles. Music was playing and everybody was dancing in unison. A couple of the shoe customizers were there as well as a local drawing artist. This is how cool the people were, me and another guy were trying to squeeze through the crowd simultaneously and he said "my bad, go ahead bro" and I replied "no, you're good, go through". We went back and forth about four times before i went through. Astonished, yes i was, the people were so polite as they partied, no hint of dissention at all. To me it felt like a family reunion (granted i haven't been to one in a while). A raffle was conducted, I received coupons and small takeaways and I felt so refreshed. Peripheral note: up and coming artist on Kanye's label GOOD Music was there to kick it with the crew as well, Big Sean.


Although redundant to say, a good time was had. To bad this didn't take place in Detroit, I could've said progress had been made, but no such thing. All I have to say is sneaker heads maked the best human beings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sneaker Heads,Hey !!!