Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What motivates you?


Have you ever thought about what motivates you? For everybody it is something different. I think that everyone has a substantial amount of drive inside of them, you just have to learn how to tap into it. Learning yourself is vital but not only that, keeping what drives you at the forefront of your thoughts is something we should all attempt to do as we navigate the challenges of life.


Here is my perspective and hopefully it sparks something inside of you. When i was younger i always thought shoes were cool. As I grew it blossomed into a love and a passion ( you, the reader probably knew that). Most of us know that we are working for a cause and that is what keeps us going. However i have found that when i focus on certain intricate parts of whatever the motivation is it drives me even more. I have found myself to be highly driven when i think about the possibility that i can get more shoes from doing task a,b, or c. This is such a phenomenon to me! I can work three days straight if I translate the earnings into the amount of sneakers it will produce. See, it's just a tweak of the mentality. It may seem relatively shallow to think of shoes but its just a motivating factor, i might not even buy a pair of shoes for quite some time, but just the thought that i could helps me.


I think that we all want to be comfortable, but i feel like i would be more comfortable if i could cop whatever shoe i wanted, that would be liberating for me. So my recommendation today is to take your motivation and narrow it down to something specific. Don't be shallow like me (you can if you want to though), but seriously see if it helps you. See if you can boost your productivity or drive by doing such.


This came about as i was pondering on my new slogan: Think like a thinker and not like a speaker. Don't bite that, because I made that up and I'll know you stole it!

3 comments:

Phyaflyjones said...

hhhhmmm, I totallt think like a speaker. This is good stuff:)

Anonymous said...

Motivation! Without it, I would get anything done cuz. Right now my lastest conquest is getting my new house in order. I have sprained my wrist, developed whiplash, and a mean back ache--all in the name of a fly peaceful home. If it wasn't for the end result clearly painted in my mind, I would be renting (much easier transition)....which brings me to my next vocabulary word of the day folks, "delayed gratification". How much would you sacrifice to attain what you really want? How far would just motivation take you to that goal?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wallo said...

I like that Dree, i might have to get you a megaphone and we cruise the streets in van